Sunday, April 18, 2010

CH5: The Perfect Parent

I absolutely loved this chapter! I think mainly because it is stating what I already believe to be true. It always annoys me when parents try to be overprotective of their kids. Don't get me wrong, parents need to care for their child and protect them but there is a point where it becomes overkill. I had to laugh when he compared the dangers of a swimming pool to the dangers of a neighbor with a handgun. There are so many parents out there that this comparison applies to. I know my parents would be overly paranoid about things like this. They think that I'm going to get murdered if I drive through a big city, its so crazy.

Another thing I found to be interesting was the statistic on how little child car seats are. This one really gets me because people make a killing on baby stuff. You could be selling a pillow that is normally worth maybe 10$ but if you slap a teddy bear on it and call it a baby pillow you could probably make 30$. Overall, people make killings in the baby industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment